A Stronger You: Joint Replacement and Sports Medicine
Dr. Kareem Sobky and Dr. Mark Tuttle specialize in active lifestyle orthopedics, including total hip, knee and shoulder joint replacements and sports surgeries, like knee and shoulder arthroscopy. They see patients at their Denver office at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center.
Dr. Sobky and Dr. Tuttle offer the latest minimally invasive techniques and technology combined with years of experience with the goal of getting patients back to their active lifestyles.
And their patient-centered approach ensures people feel truly cared for. Both Dr. Sobky and Dr. Tuttle provide highly personalized care, sitting down with every person to determine the best treatment for his or her specific case.
Over the course of his career, board certified orthopedic surgeon Dr. Kareem Sobky has honed his skills in two orthopedic sub-specialties: joint replacement and sports reconstruction. He uses the latest minimally invasive techniques in order to ensure the quickest recovery possible for his patients.
A fifth generation doctor, Dr. Sobky considers it a privilege to help people live active lives, unrestricted by painful orthopedic injuries or conditions.
Joint Replacement Specialist: Shoulder, Hip and Knee
Dr. Sobky utilizes cutting edge, minimally invasive methods when it comes to total joint repair surgery for hips, knees and shoulders. Some highlights include:
- Direct Anterior Total Hip Replacement: This surgery allows for less muscle damage and pain and much faster recovery times when compared to traditional techniques.
- Cement-free Press Fit Knee Replacement: Dr. Sobky uses implants that can allow the bone to grow and permanently bond to the implant directly instead of using cement, which helps ensure an even longer lasting replacement.
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement: This surgery is used when there’s arthritis in the shoulder in addition to a rotator cuff tear or shoulder deformity. This revolutionary surgery can return function and decrease pain for patients who up until 10 years ago had no other option.
Sports Medicine/Arthroscopic Specialist: Shoulder/Knee
Using the latest minimally invasive techniques, Dr. Sobky offers the following shoulder and knee surgeries, most of which are day or outpatient surgeries.
- Shoulder Surgeries: Rotator Cuff Repairs, Biceps Tendon Surgeries, Shoulder Instabilities, AC Joint Dislocations and Arthritis and Labrum Tears can often be treated arthroscopically.
- Knee Surgeries: ACL Reconstruction, Meniscus Surgery, Cartilage Restoration Surgery, Kneecap Instability and Dislocation surgery are all common knee surgeries performed by Dr. Sobky.
Dr. Sobky treats fractures of the upper and lower extremities, including:
- Shoulder and Scapular Fractures
- Clavicle Fractures
- Elbow Fractures
- Forearm and Wrist Fractures
- Hip and Femur Fractures
- Knee, Patella and Tibial Plateau Fractures
- Tibia and Fibula Fractures
- Ankle Fractures
Dr. Sobky performs select revision surgeries for failed or loose total joint replacement surgeries and for other shoulder, hip or knee problems.
- Revision surgery for failed or loose total shoulder, hip and knee replacements
- Hip Revision for metal-on-metal reaction
- Rotator Cuff or other shoulder surgery revision
- ACL re-tears or other recurrent knee problems
Dr. Mark Tuttle, a board certified, fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon, specializes in hip and knee replacement, joint replacement revision, fracture care and general orthopedics.
As a joint replacement specialist, Dr. Tuttle has a special interest in direct anterior total hip arthroplasty and press fit knee replacements.
- Direct Anterior Hip Replacement: Dr. Tuttle uses this minimally invasive technique as it’s associated with reduced muscle damage, less pain and faster, post-operative patient recoveries.
- Cement Free Knee Replacement: Dr. Tuttle specializes in Press Fit Knee Replacements, which utilize biological fixation rather than the usual cement on an artificial joint that mimics your real knee joint in that there’s a single radius. This means that as your knee flexes and extends, there’s a constant center of rotation. And because the original fit is so snug and flush, the implant won’t move or loosen over time.
- Metal or Cement Allergic Replacement Surgery: Sometimes a patient might have an allergy to a metal implant or the cement (sometimes both in rare cases) and Dr. Tuttle offers solutions for metal allergy problems, cement allergy problems and even the rare combination of both.
- Revision Surgery: Dr. Tuttle performs select revision surgeries for failed or loosed total hip and knee replacements.
- Fracture Care: Dr. Tuttle treats fractures of the upper and lower extremities, including the scapular to the ankle and everything in between.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: When it comes to hip and knee replacements, Dr. Tuttle uses only the latest, most minimally invasive surgical techniques available.
OrthoONE at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
1601 East 19th Ave, Suite 3300
Denver, CO 80218
- Total Joint Replacement
- Joint Replacement: Hip, Knee, Shoulder
- Anterior Hip Replacement
- Cement Free Knee Replacement
- Sports Medicine: Shoulder, Knee
- General and Fracture Orthopedic Care
- Metal or Cement Allergic Replacement Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Computer Navigation Technology (KneeAlign)
- HipGrid Technology